As a Catholic school, Lent is a very important season for us, as we prepare for the death and resurrection of Jesus. During Lent, we are asked to do three things: pray; fast and give money to charity.
- Lent got off to a wonderful start, as the GIFT team prepared and delivered a beautiful Ash Wednesday service, where ashes were distributed to both staff and children.
- Our ‘Foodbank Friday’ initiative, organised by Mrs Garrity, has been a great success. Your generosity has allowed the Destitution Project to help feed families in need; Neville, one of the volunteers, called into school on Tuesday to collect our final donations. He was overwhelmed with the amount of tins, packets and toiletries which had been donated. Thank you for your support.
- Our end of term mass was celebrated on Tuesday – this was earlier than usual due to our final day in school being on Maundy Thursday. Thank you to all those family members who attended.
- For pupils in Y3, Y4, Y5, and Y6, our annual Third World Tea Party took place on Wednesday afternoon. (Photos to follow on Facebook and in the April newsletter). This event raises money for CAFOD, as well as raising awareness about global injustice.
- Y5 will present a special performance of the Stations of the Cross at 10a.m. in church on Thursday 29th March. Everyone is welcome to attend – this really is a beautiful event which reminds us of the crucifixion story.